Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Jackson State Clark could be back


By David Brandt, Clarion Ledger

Senior defensive tackle Corey Clark was back at Jackson State on Tuesday and said he expects to return to the practice field today.

Clark, who has missed nearly a week of practice for “personal” reasons, said he requested time off to help his family clear up some problems.

“I just feel lucky that Coach (Rick) Comegy let me go for a few days to get this taken care of,” Clark said. “It was just something I had to do, but I’m definitely ready to be back on the field.”

Clark (6 feet 3, 315 pounds) was the anchor to Jackson State’s run defense last season with 44 tackles, including 7› for a loss.

PALMER MIGHT START

Sophomore Malcolm Palmer (6 feet, 185 pounds) has moved to No. 1 on the depth chart at safety.

Palmer, who is from Autaugaville, Ala., said he was grateful but not surprised that he’s moved himself into contention for a starting spot.

“I’ve been putting in my time and working hard,” Palmer said. “Now I’ve got to show the coaches I belong with the starters.”

Palmer had three tackles last season while being used primarily on special teams.

No comments: