Monday, December 24, 2007

Family rearranges DSU star's priorities

Photo: MEAC PreSeason Player of the Year, Roy Bright, Delaware State University

Against all odds, DSU basketball player finds success on and off court...

Roy Bright spent three years at Northern High School before transferring to Mount Zion Christian Academy, both in Durham. After the 2003-04 season, in which Gatorade named Bright North Carolina's player of the year, Mount Zion retired his number. The school had done that only once before -- for NBA star Tracy McGrady.

"No one mentored me there," Bright said of his time in Kansas. "No one taught me about God in Kansas. That's what I wanted. I tried by myself. I didn't understand the Bible like I should have."

"College [basketball] is prostitution. They give you shoes and try to leech onto you. Ninety percent of people want something. They don't see the dream you have for yourself. You see it, but they don't."

Continue reading this intriguing article by clicking on Blog Title above.

No comments: