Friday, March 28, 2008

Featured Multimedia: SCSU James Lee

Former S.C. State standout James Lee speaks about his performance at Pro Day and the performance of his former teammates.



Scouts from three NFL teams -- the Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Bears and Saints -- showed up to workout the 25 athletes in attendance for the S.C. State Pro Day.

It has been reported that James Lee, the MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Year, shined. Lee tied for the second most bench-press reps of 225 pounds with 26, ran a 5.2 40, and had a 31.5-inch vertical jump. He also turned in one of the days best broad jumps, 9'7".

"I feel like I went out there and made me some money today by increasing three of the six events, the bench, the broad and the vert, from last week in Athens,Georgia" Lee said. "I talked to the scouts and they said they were impressed. I feel like I put myself in a better predicament."

Lee said he also had a strong workout with the Cleveland Browns Sunday, and that the Browns, Chiefs, Saints and Bears all want him to come in for private workouts. Lee is a former transfer player from the University of Georgia and stands 6-6/300. The Bell Glade, FL/Glades Central HS native played offensive line for the Georgia and S.C. State Bulldogs, respectively.

READ MORE SCSU ARTICLES, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: