Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bryant High's Patrick earns scholarships to Alabama State

TUSCALOOSA Joe Patrick learned a few things about priorities in his life during his career at Paul W. Bryant High School. Patrick capped his senior season by accepting academic and athletic scholarship offers from Alabama State University in Montgomery.

Patrick, who stands 5-foot-9, finished second in the high jump in the AHSAA meet by clearing a height of 6-6. Patrick ran in the 4x800-meter relay during sectional competition. He said he’d like to be a versatile performer in college.

It feels great just to know I’ve done a lot for myself with the help of my parents, the track team and God,” Patrick said. “It feels great to know I’ve lifted a burden off my parents so they don’t have to pay anything.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: