Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Houston Texans cut QB Quinn Gray

Photo: Former Florida A&M University star quarterback Quinn Gray may have to go to the CFL to get a legitimate opportunity to develop his NFL caliber skills. Gray was the Jacksonville Jaguars #2 quarterback last season.

The Texans released free-agent quarterback Quinn Gray, making the decision instead to work to develop Shane Boyd and rookie Alex Brink. "I just think that from a fit standpoint with our football team, it made more sense for us to let (Gray) go now," general manager Rick Smith said. "I still think this guy's a quality NFL quarterback, and I think he's going to have a good career. It's just not a fit here.

"My philosophy is if I've got a veteran player playing in this league and I don't see the opportunity or feel like I can give them a fair opportunity to make a football team, then I want to give them a fair opportunity somewhere else," coach Gary Kubiak said. "I felt that way with both those players and with where they are at those positions. Mainly at the quarterback positions, I made a decision to work with those two young players."

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: