Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All-American Vasquez hired as FAMU's special-teams coach

What was just an idea for former FAMU kicker Juan Vasquez is now a reality after several years of volunteering as a special-teams coach. "After a while of being successful, I started thinking, 'Wow, I could really do this for a living,'" Vasquez said Tuesday. "What a better way to do something that you like to do as a livelihood."

He got his opportunity to do nothing but coach for a living when head coach Joe Taylor hired him as kicking coach. An official announcement of his hire was delayed until the process was recently completed. "This is a dream come true," he said. "I didn't know this would really happen, and I want to thank coach Taylor for giving me the opportunity. I've put in a lot of hard work, but you never know when the opportunity is going to come."

Coach Vasquez has been successful in mentoring former Rattlers All-American kicker, Wesley Taylor, #20.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: