Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Alabama A&M's Moore wants to put poor season behind him

Cornerback who lost starting job is on the rebound

Frank Moore was one of the big surprises in the Southwestern Athletic Conference two years ago - a walk-on defensive back who finished with a league-high six interceptions as the Bulldogs captured their first SWAC championship. But in 2007, the 5-foot-9, 170-pounder couldn't duplicate his success. In fact, Moore played so poorly that he ended up losing his job to Maurice Thomas early in the season and finished the year with just 10 tackles. He had no interceptions.

"I got the big head," Moore said Tuesday after practice. "I feel like I could have still made some plays. I didn't have any problems on the field. My problems were off the field." Said Defensive coordinator Brawnski Towns: "I don't know what happened between his sophomore and junior year. Frank was terrific for us in 2006 when we won the championship. Last year, he wasn't the same kid. He didn't play well at all last year.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: