Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DSU finds all-purpose playmaker in Wilder

Senior defensive end has eyes on another title

DOVER, DE -- Alimayo Wilder might cause some confusion for opposing quarterbacks when they see the No. 12 for Delaware State University's football team crashing through their offensive line in hot pursuit. That's because that number is usually reserved for quarterbacks. Instead, Wilder is one player who hopes to eat quarterbacks when it comes to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Football Conference this fall.

Delaware State opens its season on Sept. 4 when it hosts Florida A&M at Alumni Stadium at 7:30 p.m.

"This is the number [12] that I've had since high school," said Wilder, a native of Baltimore. "It's the number that I've always worn and I've embraced it. "In high school [at Baltimore Polytechnic] I played quarterback, wide receiver and a lot of different positions, so I just stuck with that number. It's an all-purpose number to me." Wilder has grown into an all-purpose player in DSU defensive coordinator Ray Petty's 4-3 defense.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: