Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ex-FSU coach gives FAMU early pep talk

Darrell Mudra barely took a breath between stories that he told Thursday night during a 30-minute talk intended to help Florida A&M football players zone in on the upcoming season. When he didn't quote from the Bible or great philosophers, Mudra spoke of his own experiences that included his brief tenure as head football coach at Florida State. He took the players through the highs and lows of his career that spanned more than three decades.

"I don't know how much it will help, but those were all of the things that helped us to win a lot of football games," said Mudra following the talk inside the Rattlers' locker room. "I just hope that I helped Joe a little bit because he means a lot to me. "We are going to be following them and I expect great things. I think this will be a new era in Florida A&M football."

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: