Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FAMU RT Okeafor returns from injury

Robert Okeafor walked off FAMU's football practice field Monday feeling that for the first time since last season he's accomplished something. "I felt like I was very much a contributor," he said. "The offensive line was in synch and the chemistry was there. It was like getting back to work."

Okeafor indeed is back to work at right tackle for the Rattlers. He returned to contact workout Monday for the first time since sustaining a torn meniscus in his left knee last season.

"It's like a kid in a candy store," he said. "I get back out there and get a chance to hit again. "I've been itching for awhile since I've gotten a chance to hit somebody so it's good to finally get that itch scratched and get a little contact under my belt."

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: