Sunday, August 10, 2008

Long’s time coming: Pough, SCSU offense changes to suit former Mr. Football

Malcolm Long stood straight and kept his chin high.

At South Carolina State’s media day early Friday, the sophomore was a popular topic of discussion and rightfully so. With Cleve McCoy graduated, it’s time for the former South Carolina “Mr. Football” to start living up to expectations.

“I’m nervous but excited and happy all at the same time,” Long said. “When it all comes out, I’m just going out and trying to have fun. I’m not going to try to impress anybody. I’m going to try to help my team win a MEAC Championship.”

He might not be trying, but Long has definitely impressed S.C. State head coach Oliver “Buddy” Pough. If he succeeds in the new offensive schemes dreamed up by Pough and Howard Feggins, SCSU fans will join the ranks of the impressed soon enough.

SEE BULLDOGS VIDEO: S.C. State Scrimmage Highlights on Aug. 9, 2008

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: