Monday, June 21, 2010

Complex grad Williams to play hoops at Tuskegee University

Tuskegee University head basketball Coach Leon Douglas has big Clint Williams coming in from the Virgin Islands, as the Golden Tigers prepare to make another run on repeating as SIAC Champions.

St. Croix, Virgin Islands - Big Clint Williams has chosen a school. The 6-foot-10/330 pound post man has decided to play his final two years at Tuskegee University. Williams chose the Golden Tigers over NAIA powerhouse Mid Continent.

“It was a long process, and I took into consideration the name of the school and the coaching staff,” said Williams. “I love the atmosphere at the school, and coach Leon Douglas can help me become a better basketball player.”
Tuskegee University is coming off its most successful season in more than three decades. The Golden Tigers finished the season 20-11 and received an automatic bid to the NCAA Division-II tourney by winning the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) title.  TU lost in the first round of the brackets to No. 1 seed Arkansas Tech.

“Coach Douglas has turned the program around,” said Williams. “I hope, with me aboard, we can make the NCAAs every year.” Williams, a St. Croix Educational Complex graduate, played his last two seasons at Arkansas Baptist College, (a private, two year program located in Little Rock, Arkansas under the presidency of Dr. Fitzgerald (Fitz) Hill, a former professor at the University of Central Florida and the former head football coach at San Jose State University.)

“Coach Charles Ripley gave me an opportunity, when most did not,” said Williams. “I am thankful to him and the Arkansas Baptist College family. “In my two years at AB, it was nothing that I had expected,” added Williams. “I did not know I would have been tutored by a former NBA player in Corliss Williamson, and I did not expect that I would be so heavily recruited."

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: