Monday, September 13, 2010

Williams celebrates as Tuskegee gets win over Stillman

TUSCALOOSA, AL - Jeremy Williams turns 21 on Monday, but he celebrated in his hometown on Saturday night. Williams, a sophomore quarterback, engineered a couple of touchdown drives and the visiting Tuskegee Golden Tigers handed Stillman College a 41-15 loss.
Williams, a graduate of Tuscaloosa’s Central High School, said he had to secure 10 tickets for family and friends.

“It was more like a homecoming game for me,” said Williams, who led Central to a 15-0 record and the Class 4A championship in 2007. “When I got in, I wanted to capitalize on each of my drives, kind of make a statement. I was glad that we got a win, especially in Tuscaloosa in front of a lot of people I know.”

Tuskegee, the defending Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association champion, lost a fumble in the first half but was almost perfect in building a 28-0 lead. Stillman cut the margin to 28-15.

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: