Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thompson, Morgan State earn acclaim in MEAC men's basketball poll

Coach Todd Bozeman looks forward to another MEAC championship in 2010-11 and NCAA berth.

Morgan State junior forward Kevin Thompson (Walbrook) was voted the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Preseason Player of the Year and the Bears were ranked first in the preseason poll of the league's head coaches and sports information directors.

Morgan sophomore swingman Dewayne Jackson also was voted to the All-MEAC preseason first team. The Bears received 20 of 22 first-place votes and 474 points; South Carolina State was second with 378. UMES was seventh with 242 and placed junior guard Hillary Haley on the second team. Coppin State received 84points, tied for last with Florida A&M.

The Secret World of HBCU Sports: 'More Than Just Games'


Proud and productive, I’m a child of an HBCU – a 2006 graduate from Morgan State University, but you won’t catch me in any letter jackets or riding with personalized school license plates—I’m much too discreet for that. However, whenever prompted to state my affiliation, I reel off my origin with no hesitation. My graduate friends from bigger schools (i.e. the University of Maryland-College Park, Penn State and UCLA) never seem to understand my loyalty to the HBCU circle.

READ MORE, CLICK TITLES.

No comments: