Monday, March 21, 2011

Trainor, Bass set to battle for FAMU QB job

Quarterbacks Austin Trainor and Tyler Bass are brimming with confidence. That much came across as they participated in their first joint interview to discuss their highly-anticipated competition for the Florida A&M starting job.

Their showdown begins today, with Trainor as the incumbent and Bass as his challenger. It should make for the most interesting spring practice since coach Joe Taylor took over the program three seasons ago.

"I welcome it because competition makes you better," said Trainor, who led the Rattlers to a strong finish with three victories to earn a share of the MEAC championship last season. "If there is no one to push me, how am I supposed to get better? I'm excited about the season because I feel like I've worked really hard and I'm ready to show what it is for the spring."

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: