Friday, April 15, 2011

Randolph tosses no-hitter as ECSU Vikings sweep Shaw Bears


Final Stats
ELIZABETH CITY, NC- The Elizabeth City State University baseball team kept their hopes for a berth in next week's CIAA tournament alive with a double header sweep of Shaw University 7-0 and 8-0 Thursday afternoon.

However the, Vikings' post season push temporarily served as a backdrop to a near flawless performance by freshman Kerich Randolph, who threw a no-hitter in the game 7-0 win over Shaw in game one.

"I wasn't aware of it," the Bolivia, NC native said. "I didn't know until my teammates told me in between games. A lot of the credit goes to them because they made some great plays today."

Randolph, who leads the Vikings in strikeouts this season with 72, fanned 10 batters on Thursday. "In a way, I'm glad I didn't know (about the no-hitter). I felt good out there today. I'm just happy we got two wins."

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.
VISIT: ELIZABETH CITY STATE UNIVERSITY
VISIT: ECSUVIKINGS

No comments: