Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tahoma High's Sammii Jimenez signs on the dotted line with Texas Souther University

Covington, Washington - Tahoma High's Sammii Jimenez signed on the dotted line Monday afternoon.  Jimenez, a senior pitcher for the Bears fastpitch team, committed to play on scholarship at Texas Southern University located in Houston, Texas.

She celebrated with teammates, friends and family at Tahoma as she signed the paperwork. Jimenez plans to major in education. She hopes to teach kindergarten. "They have the major that I'm looking for," she said. "It also had a family feel and I love the atmosphere."

Texas Southern is a member of the Southwestern Athletic Conference, the SWAC. "I went down there in January... and I loved it," she said. "The weather was perfect. I loved it."

SIGNING PHOTOS

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.
VISIT: TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
VISIT: TSUTIGERS

No comments: