Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hampton University: Dream come true' for new Stamp

CALGARY - LaMarcus Coker called his audition with the Calgary Stampeders a “dream come true.” As it turned out, the shifty running back didn’t get much chance to dream about it on the eve of rookie camp at McMahon Stadium.

“It’s been a while since I’ve practised at this level of competition, so I was anxious. I didn’t even get much sleep last night,” Coker said. “I stayed up studying my playbook till 2 a.m., and by the time I finally fell asleep, it felt like I was opening my eyes back up at 5:30 a.m. to come over here and get treatment and get my ankles taped up.”

If Coker was feeling sluggish, it didn’t show during Thursday’s opening sessions of Stampeders rookie camp at McMahon Stadium. During offensive drills, the 24-year-old ball-carrier rattled off a couple of impressive runs, showcasing his speed on the big field. If he shows enough to earn a full-time job with the Red & White, he’s not expecting many more late nights.  “I’m just here to work, and the recreational stuff, just leave that to the side,” Coker said.

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: