Saturday, July 23, 2011

ASU's Riley honored as 2011 football season approaches

Wetumpka, AL - Wetumpka High graduate and current Alabama State University standout Kejuan Riley has become a player to watch in the Football Championship Subdivision.

Over the course of the week, Riley - who finished the 2010 season with seven interceptions, one behind FCS leader Moses Ellis (Prairie View A&M) tied for second in the nation - has been awarded a host of preseason honors.

"It's a great accomplishment," said Riley, a junior defensive back for the Alabama State Hornets. "I put god first and I always want to thank Him. I accomplished this because of my teammates. They really helped me, along with (defensive coordinator) Cedric Thornton, to put me in a position to make plays."

Riley also extended thanks to ASU head coach Reggie Barlow for "allowing me to be a Hornet." At Southwestern Athletic Conference media days to start the week, Riley was one of seven Hornets named Preseason All-SWAC.

READ MORE

No comments: