Saturday, July 9, 2011

Elizabeth City State catches 3 Tigers

Elizabeth City, N.C. -- Saint Paul’s loss turned out to be Elizabeth City State’s gain as three athletes from the now defunct Tigers athletic program have transferred to ECSU.

Leading the way is women’s basketball guard DeAudra Brown, who was the Lady Tigers’ leading scorer last season.

“I had a couple of offers and ECSU was the first school I went to,” said the rising senior from Rocky Mount. “The environment was good. I met a couple of the players. I had played against them, but didn’t actually know them. They were excited to meet me and the atmosphere was really good. I didn’t feel any bad vibes from anybody that met there. It was an all-around good visit.”

Brown’s move, along with football players John Davis and Patrick Louther, was prompted when Saint Paul’s in a money-saving move, suddenly shut down its athletic program in...

READ MORE

No comments: