Sunday, July 3, 2011

Former TCC standout having sucess at Miles

Fairfield, AL - Former Talladega County Central standout, Reginald Virges is excited about what the upcoming season holds for the Golden Bears of Miles College. After two solid seasons, Virges believes the changes they have made in the off-season will help them to reach their goal of making it to the postseason.

“My first two years up there were good,” Virges said. “I came in as a freshman and I didn’t know that I was going to get the starting spot like that. When I came in I got the starting spot and started playing. I feel like this year is going to be a better because we have better coaches that can help us go somewhere this year.”



Last season, Virges recorded 81 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss of 87 yards and six sacks for a loss of 46 yards.  “I was the leader of the defense last season,” Virges said. “I am trying to make this team into a better team, we are trying to get to the playoff this year. We haven’t made the playoffs the last couple years and our goal is to make it to the playoffs and to turn this program around.”

READ MORE

No comments: