Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FAMU's Baker just wants to contribute

Tallahassee, FL - Edmond Baker was a little emotional while trying explain how much he'd like to line up as a receiver in a football game this season for Florida A&M. He clasped his hands and tightly drew them to his chest, with his eyes closed. His feelings rang through every word.

"Every bit of me says I should be playing as a receiver," he said, "but it's up to the coaches how much I play as a receiver."

Baker knows that playing time will be unlikely given the Rattlers' depth at every wide receiver position. But getting an opportunity to be a contributor on special teams will suit him just fine.

"If the coaches feel I'll be better playing special teams than backing someone up as a receiver, then that's where I'll be," he said. "I'm more of a team player than anything else. If the team wins, I win.


READ MORE

No comments: