Sunday, August 7, 2011

Milan Clayton commits to FAMU basketball

Tallahassee, FL - Point guard Milan Clayton's decision about her college basketball career was pretty straightforward – go where she wanted and not where her talent was wanted. With that, she verbally committed to Florida A&M as the school where she will takes the next step in her basketball career.

"I always liked FAMU," Clayton said. "I mean, it's in the family and I like the coach (LeDawn Gibson). I like the way she runs things and I think I will be a good addition to her program. I like the whole system and the style of play."

Clayton's father, Mickey, said she's also decided to transfer from North Florida Christian to FAMU High for her senior year. The move will put her closer to advanced classes that she plans to take at the university, he said.



"I really didn't really want to go through my whole (senior) year wonder where I'm going to go," she said. "I knew I wanted to go to FAMU and since I knew that, I felt I should make that decision now and just enjoy my senior year and not have that on my mind."

READ MORE

No comments: