Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NSU: Boyce starting at WR, special teams a strength

Norfolk, VA - When Norfolk State wide receiver Xavier Boyce isn’t sure of his route, or his role, in a certain play he’ll look to his wide receivers coach or offensive coordinator, shrug his shoulders and hold out his hands.

Fortunately for the Spartans, that’s happening less and less often.

“I pretty much have most of it,” Boyce said. “There’s still little kinks that I have to work on. The more I practice, the more I work on it, the more it’s going to come.”



So infrequently, in fact, that NSU bumped Boyce into its most important wide receiver position, the starter at the “X” position, which traditionally leads a Joe Blackwell offense in catches.

“He and Reggie are out there right now,” Adrian said. “I think as it develops you’ll see ...

READ MORE

No comments: