Thursday, September 1, 2011

2011 Hampton football preview | Rose puts faith in high school coach

HAMPTON, VA - Hampton head coach Donovan Rose picked his first staff based on loyalty. His second, he based on history. Entering his third season, Rose is going with his heart.

The Pirates, predicted to finish in the upper half of the MEAC, spent the offseason overhauling the coaching staff for the third consecutive season, bringing on three new faces, including a new offensive coordinator for the third consecutive year.


“I looked around and, I know who I am as a person, but the program was not a reflection of who I am,” Rose said. “I wanted coaches with the same values as me. For the first time, I feel like the coaching staff is a reflection of me.”

The coaching changes are part of an effort to resolve an offense that has become less productive in each of the four years since coach Joe Taylor left the program for Florida A&M, bottoming out last year at 17.5 points per game, 103rd in the FCS.

READ MORE

No comments: