Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Billups is solid at Jackson State University

Jackson, Mississippi -- Jonathan Billups has become a solid part to one of the toughest defenses in college football. Billups, a former all-state player at Picayune High, is in his second season as a starting defensive lineman for Jackson State. The Tigers are 6-1 after Saturday’s win over in-state rival Mississippi Valley, and the JSU defense is the tops in Division I-AA against the run.

“I think I’ve been playing pretty well, but I am always trying to get better every day,” Billups, who lines up at both nose and tackle, said. “I think I have gotten better each year I have been here, and I just plan on continuing to work hard and improve each time out.”

So far this season, Billups has started every game and has recorded 31 total tackles, including 13 solo stops. He has one sack, and five tackles for loss, and he has one fumble recovery, one pass break up and one quarterback hurry.

READ MORE

No comments: