Sunday, October 16, 2011

Busy times for Southern University’s Banks

Baton Rouge, Louisiana -- You’ll have to forgive Roman Banks if he’s a little short on sleep these days. The man has quite a lot on his mind. Originally, the first-year Southern men’s basketball coach planned on starting preseason practice Friday - but he adjusted on the fly, and with good reason.

At 9 a.m. Saturday, Banks - who finished a stellar career at Northwestern State in 1992 - will be inducted into the university’s “N Club” Hall of Fame. He and his family planned to leave Baton Rouge late Friday night, accept what Banks called “a tremendous honor,” then pack up the car and head back to SU, where the team will crank up its first practice together at 6 p.m. inside the F.G. Clark Activity Center.



“I got the call out of the blue,” said Banks, fresh from an eight-year stint at Southeastern Louisiana. “I know several years ago, when I would go up there, they would tell me my time is coming up. I guess I got voted in there when my time came up. I’m just glad to know that the body of work that you did over time, that people respect it and appreciate it.”

READ MORE

No comments: