Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kante Can Take FAMU to the Next Level

Senegal, West Africa native a former JUCO No. 1

Tallahassee, FL - Salif Kante grew up immersed in the game of tennis. His dad taught him the game in his native Senegal and when he was named the top junior college player in the country last year, it wasn't much of a surprise. Now, Kante is trying to put FAMU on the national map.

"That's why I came here. To win the title," Kante said with a chuckle. A couple of weeks ago, Kante won the single title at the Florida State University Invitational.

"If I go to a tournament I'm just gonna play my game," he said. "I don't care who plays. I'm just gonna play."



That's how he was taught thousands of miles away with the rest of his siblings. His older brother and younger sister were mentored by their father, who is a coach and owns a tennis club back in West Africa.

When Kante was finishing high school, he wanted ...

READ MORE

No comments: