Thursday, December 1, 2011

JSU's Coach Comegy receives extension, raise

Coach Rick Comegy
Jackson, Mississippi - Jackson State University has renewed Rick Comegy’s contract as the Tigers head football coach through 2013.

JSU Athletics Director Dr. Vivian L. Fuller made the announcement at an 11 a.m. press conference Wednesday, Nov. 30, in the Sports Hall of Fame Room of the Lee E. Williams Athletics and Assembly Center.

“Coach Comegy and his staff have an excellent track record of on-the-field success at Jackson State,” said Fuller. “Moving forward under his leadership, I expect the JSU Tigers to be champions in sports, in the classroom and in the Jackson community.”

Having just completed his sixth season with the Tigers, Comegy looks forward to his two-year extension.

“I want to thank Dr. Meyers and Dr. Fuller for having confidence in me and my coaches. I’m thankful that they believe in us to continue what we’re building here at JSU,” said Comegy. “I love my job, I love my kids and I love JSU.”

“We all look forward to Coach Comegy’s continued leadership of Jackson State’s football program,” said Meyers. “I am confident that he will lead our student-athletes to even greater success on the field and in the classroom.”

Comegy, 58, completed his six years at Jackson State with a 41-26 record and ended this last season with a 9-2 record. His teams won a SWAC championship in 2007 and returned for SWAC championship play in 2008.

No comments: