Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pius X High School baseball players sign college letters of intent with MEAC Teams

Lehigh Valley, PA -- A pair of Pius X High School baseball standouts will be heading south next season. First baseman Jay Maletz and middle infielder Connor Breslin, both seniors, signed letters of intent on Thursday to continue their college careers at the Division I level.

Maletz is heading to Coppin State University in Baltimore and Breslin will play at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore in Princess Anne, Md.

"I'm on the "Be Recruited" website and the coach from Coppin State (Sherman Reed) bookmarked me," Maletz said. "My father said 'why not contact him?' I started a dialogue and it led to a conference call. I went down to visit. We had a meeting, went out to lunch and by the end of the day they offered me a scholarship. It was pretty exciting."

Dylan Dando, Maletz's coach at the Lehigh Valley Baseball Academy, put in a good word for him.

READ MORE

No comments: