Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rare mistakes motivate Tuskegee's crack cornerback Baker

Tuskegee, Alabama -- Cornerbacks aren't supposed to dwell on failures. With so many pass plays in the average game, and with such a small margin for error, coaches like their defensive backs to shake off bad plays and dumb mistakes quickly. Let it go. Don't think about it again. Move on and play better next time. That's the coach-speak.

Tuskegee cornerback Kenneth Baker takes a different approach. "I remember every time I've been beaten," Baker said. "I can remember them all, and I think about them."

For instance, when talking about Alabama State's standout receiver Nick Andrews, two plays come immediately to Baker's mind -- a missed tackle and a double move.

"He got me on that double move last year -- I'll be watching for that this year," Baker said. "There was a missed tackle once, too. That's what I remember about facing him."

READ MORE

No comments: