Saturday, November 12, 2011

Stillman Tigers seeking homecoming win

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The Stillman Tigers have achieved a winning record in Teddy Keaton’s first season as coach. If they win today’s homecoming game, they’ll have the best mark since joining the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association in 2005.

“I tell my kids homecoming is not really for you right now,” said Keaton, a 1999 Stillman graduate. “Homecoming is for the alumni and the people that come back and support them. I really believe people are coming back to homecoming to see what we’ve done with this program in this short amount of time. I’m excited about some of my classmates coming back.

“More importantly, I want to make sure my team stays focused and that we don’t forget what’s at stake here; what’s the ultimate goal about finishing and not overlooking your opponent. Let the alumni and everybody else celebrate, and you stay focused on what we came here to do today.”

READ MORE

No comments: