Thursday, December 8, 2011

Alabama A&M football: Nelson fueled by something extra

Bryan Nelson
 Sophomore, Starting Fullback #42
From Jess Lanier High School
Bessemer, Alabama
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - When Alabama A&M fullback Bryan Nelson takes the field Saturday, he'll be trying to help the Bulldogs win the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship. He'll also be playing for his brother.

Nelson's older brother, Tavoris Mitchell, passed away more than a year ago due to complications from open heart surgery. He had had open heart surgery six years ago. Mitchell was just 34 years old and his birthday is Saturday.

"I broke down after we beat Prairie View because I knew we would be playing on his birthday," Nelson said. "He was like my father. He never missed a game. My mom and dad worked two jobs and my brother had me with him all the time."

No comments: