Friday, December 2, 2011

NSU football: Blackwell speaks about his departure

Coach Joe Blackwell (bio)
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk State offensive coordinator Joe Blackwell said he was surprised that his contract with Norfolk State won’t be renewed after the Spartans’ championship season, but he was not angry about it.

“One thing I learned long ago,” Blackwell said. “Coaches were hired to be fired. It’s (Pete Adrian’s) program and he has a right to do what he wants with it. I don’t have hard feelings. I’m thick-skinned. I’m thankful he gave me the opportunity to be a coordinator.”

Blackwell said Adrian called him Monday to tell the former offensive coordinator about his decision. Blackwell had asked for the week off and was at the hospital with one of his daughters ...

READ MORE

No comments: