Friday, December 9, 2011

Steffen: Tiger Pride on the prowl at Savannah State University

Basketball: Georgia Tech vs. Savannah State, SATURDAY 6 PM ET,  SSU Tiger Arena

SAVANNAH, Georgia - As I approach completion of three years of service as legal counsel for Savannah State University and as I prepare to help promote the rare opportunity for our hometown university to host a basketball game against an ACC school Saturday, I find myself reflecting on a new passion which can best be called “Tiger Pride.”

I started to experience it even before coming to work at the university in my interaction with the great number of successful and proud SSU alumni I met in the business, political and faith communities.

The sense of community and place at Savannah State was an attraction to a job that represented a fairly big change of direction for me.

I came to better understand what Tiger Pride was in my interactions with long-time staffers, faculty and administrators who I met at the cafeteria, at functions or just walking around the beautiful marsh view circle.

No comments: