Friday, January 13, 2012

Talladega Lady Tornadoes beat Morris, Coach Lagmay break College win record

TALLADEGA, Alabama - Thursday’s win over Morris College wasn’t just another game for the Talladega College women’s basketball team and its head coach, Romeo Lagmay. The 76-51 victory was Lagmay’s 64th in three and a half seasons at TC, breaking the school record for career wins.

“It feels great, but I’m just thankful,” Lagmay said after the game. “God’s blessed me so much and I’m thankful for the TC administration — President (Billy) Hawkins and Vice President (Jacqueline) Paddio that hired me. I’m thankful for the support of the community in Talladega and my players. They make me look good. I’m surrounded by a good support system.”
Following the game, Hawkins met with Lagmay’s players on the court for a little celebration before heading to the locker room.  Lagmay tied the record, which was held by Larry McNeil, with Monday’s 76-49 win over Edward Waters. He said his next goal is to hit the century mark in all-time wins, but he’s glad the monkey’s off his back.

No comments: