Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ragsdale senior Eroncia Berry signs with Jackson State;

JAMESTOWN, North Carolina -- Soccer forward Eroncia Berry took the first step toward a new athletic and academic career last Wednesday, Feb. 1, when they signed their letter of intent to their respective colleges.  Berry will be joining one of the elite women's soccer programs in the nation. Jackson State has won the Southwestern Athletic Conference title six years in a row and been invited into the NCAA tournament each time.

"I'm hoping to ease into some playing time immediately,” said the petite forward, adding, “I don't expect anything to be handed to me, though. I'll just go down there and work hard and see what happens.”



Berry's strengths are her speed, agility and overall athletic ability. She played basketball for Ragsdale three years (two varsity and one jayvee) and ran AAU track, but concentrated on soccer her senior year. “They (Jackson State) actually gave me the option to run track also,” she said, “but soccer and academics are my main focus.”

Ah yes, academics. Berry carries a 4.1 grade point average, and plans to major in business management and then go to law school. “I want to go into corporate law,” she said.

READ MORE 

No comments: