Wednesday, April 11, 2012

JSU receives large donation from a former student

JACKSON, Mississippi (WLBT) - They will be playing beautiful music at Jackson State University to the tune of half a million dollars.

Dr. Lewis Liddell served as head of the Sonic Boom of the South for 18 years. At the annual band banquet, one of his former students who is the manager for rapper Lil' Wayne and hip hop star Drake made a huge donation. Cortez Bryant says JSU made a big difference in his life and he wants to give back and hopes other former students will also support the school.



"The gift is a $500,000 contribution in the name of Dr. Lewis Liddell who was my band director and a former band director for Jackson State for 18 years. The Sonic Boom of The South shaped me and got me out of the streets of New Orleans. It gave me an opportunity to expand my education at Jackson State University", said Bryant.

READ MORE

No comments: