Friday, July 13, 2012

Former MVSU guard Brent Arrington transfers to Morehead State


BALTIMORE, Maryland  -  For the first time in about a month-and-a-half, Brent Arrington got a good night’s sleep.

Since late May, Arrington has patiently waited for Mississippi Valley State to release him from his scholarship. His request was repeatedly denied, making what should have been a relaxing summer break an exceedingly stressful time for the Lansdowne grad.

But last Friday, after his father spoke with someone from the NCAA and pleaded Arrington’s case, the 6-foot-2, 182-pound guard was released from his scholarship. Arrington’s first days as a free man were something to savor.

“I feel great,” Arrington said. “The first night I had the release I could actually fall asleep. I slept the whole night, no headaches. I’m just ready to play ball right now.”

READ MORE

No comments: