Saturday, August 18, 2012

FAMU: 49ers Raw rookie WR Tyms learning from legend

SAN FRANCISCO, California - Before I asked Carlos Rogers a question about Brian Tyms on Wednesday, a thought crossed my mind: Would the Pro Bowl cornerback have any idea who in the world I was talking about?

Just to be safe, I inserted Tyms’ jersey number – No. 9 – into the question in case Rogers didn’t know the undrafted rookie wide receiver from Florida A&M by name.

Maybe that bit of information helped. Whatever the case, Rogers smiled. Yes, he was familiar with The Fade Guy.

“Most of the time I’ve gone against him he’s run a fade route against me.” Rogers said. “In my mind, that’s what I’m trying to cover. But seeing him going against some of the other (cornerbacks), he does pose that deep threat. A guy that can catch the jump ball. A fade guy that you can put the ball up to in the back of the end zone. He’s a guy that’s learning and getter better and better each and every day.”


49ers QB Scott Tolzien to Brian Tyms #9 and Kyle Williams at Training Camp - August 14, 2012.

READ MORE

No comments: