Sunday, August 5, 2012

Johnson C. Smith grad Leford Green running for gold on Monday

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Recent Johnson C. Smith University graduate Leford Green will compete for Olympic gold Monday in London.  Green, running for his country of Jamaica, qualified for the 400-meter hurdles finals Saturday when he finished second in his semifinal heat with a season’s best time of 48.61 seconds.

Green will run in the finals at London’s Olympic Stadium on Monday at 3:45 p.m. (EST).



“It was a good run and I’m glad to be in the final, because at this stage basically anything can happen,” Green told reporters. “I have been working a lot in practice and I’m going to try and fix up for the final. I’m going to see if I can go faster.”

Green, whose personal best is 48.47 seconds, was the NCAA Division II champion in the 400-meter run in 2011, the year he graduated from J.C.Smith.  Green is trying to become ...

READ MORE

No comments: