Thursday, August 23, 2012

Living the college life, FAMU football players enjoy off-campus option

TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Tight end Michael Ethridge is finally at a point in his life that he’s always dreamed of since the day he left Godby High School with a scholarship to play football at FAMU.

As soon as his scholarship funds come through this semester, he will move into an apartment where he will get to experience living on his own.

“I know I can do it on my own,” he said. “It’s not rejecting my family but I want to see how I would do while I’m in college. I’ve always told myself that when I go to college I’d want to be on my own. This is my time now to get ready for the future.”

Ethridge, a junior, spent his first two years as a college athlete living on campus. He’s in transition now, living with his family until his money is cleared. Most other players have been enjoying their new digs for a week now.



READ MORE

No comments: