Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mike German gives Tennessee State University rare QB stability

NASHVILLE, Tennessee -- The start of Tennessee State football practice had a different feel in the offensive backfield Monday than the previous three seasons.

The Tigers had an established quarterback running the show for the first time since 2008 with Mike German at the helm.



The sophomore from Pompano Beach, Fla., replaced Jeremy Perry for the last eight games last year and completed 140 of 250 passes for 1,899 yards with 12 touchdowns and seven interceptions. The Tigers won four games German started.

“It’s a big difference being the established starter on the first day of camp because I can work more on my chemistry with the other players on offense and on my techniques without fighting every day for the job,” German said. “I can get better as a quarterback and a leader instead of worrying about who’s breathing down my neck or who I’m trying to beat out.”

READ MORE

No comments: