Monday, August 6, 2012

New Norfolk State receivers coach has NFL experience

NORFOLK, Virginia - The Norfolk State football team rounded out its coaching staff less than a week before training camp begins, bringing in Quintin Smith to coach wide receivers.

Smith, who signed with the Chicago Bears as an unsigned free agent out of Kansas and played in the 1990 and '91 seasons, becomes the only NSU coach with NFL playing experience and the first since quarterbacks coach Jeff Parker in 2009. He has coached high school and college football, been a professional scout and taught high-level social studies.



"I think I bring a unique skill set," Smith said Thursday. "There's not a lot of scouts that get into coaching. There's not a lot of teachers that were players. I was undrafted out of college, but I was at the next level.

"Guys that play in college, they all have that dream to play professionally. I think it brings some automatic credibility."

READ MORE

No comments: