Sunday, August 26, 2012

TSU running back Trabis Ward sets sights on record books

NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Trabis Ward checked the Tennessee State record books in the offseason and then checked with his offensive line.

The junior running back from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., thought his linemen should be the first to know that he had set a goal to break the Tigers’ single-season rushing record this season.

Ward gained 978 yards last season despite being sidelined with an ankle injury for two games and part of another.



He spent the summer in an intense workout program with former Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder. The record is 1,739 yards set by Charles Anthony in 2004.

“I got injured in the (Sept. 24) Air Force game last year and then missed two other games and was still just 22 yards away from 1,000,” Ward said. “I also split carries last year with Dante’ Thomas. That showed me that I could do something special this year, so I checked the school rushing record and I believe it’s something I should be able to break.”

READ MORE

No comments: