Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Alabama A&M notebook: Lacey injuries ankle

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama A&M running back Kaderius Lacey, a first-team All-Southwestern Athletic Conference preseason pick, left Saturday's game with an ankle injury late in the second quarter and never returned.

Lacey suffered a sprain right ankle midway through the first half, but returned to the game with just over a minute left in the quarter. He finished the game with 47 yards on 12 carries.

"I tried to go back in and play, but I couldn't go 100 percent," Lacey said. "I believe I made the best decision for me and the team."

Lacey said he planned to be back next week when A&M opens SWAC play at Arkanas-Pine Bluff.

Redshirt sophomore Brendan Johnson, who fumbled on his first carry after Lacey left the game early in the first quarter, responded with ...

READ MORE

No comments: