Wednesday, October 17, 2012

College Volleyball: Livingstone Blue Bears now 17-5

SALISBURY, North Carolina  --  Football season is winding down and basketball season is around the corner, but the buzz at Livingstone College these days is about the women's volleyball team.Under the direction of Head Coach Reggie Isley, the squad is 17-5 and among the leaders in the CIAA. And no matter how they fare the remainder of the season, they're guaranteed to finish with a better record than last year's 15-15 mark.

"I think we mesh a lot better this year," said sophomore Iman Isom, a libero and outside hitter from Laveen, Ariz. "We get along better as a team and we flow more on the court. Last year there was more competitiveness among the players, which took away from team cohesiveness."

Isley, in his seventh year as volleyball coach, said his squad is doing surprisingly well this season.

"After I lost three people I thought would return this year, I didn't think the team would do as well," Isley said. "I had to make a lot of adjustments and work with the players I had."

READ MORE

No comments: