Friday, October 5, 2012

FAMU QB Fleming piles up the yards

Sophomore on pace to set FAMU marks

TALLAHASSEE, Florida  -  When Damien Fleming took over as FAMU’s quarterback near the midway point last season, he asked position coach Quinn Gray what records he still holds from his career as a Rattler.

They haven’t had a conversation about statistics since.

“I’ve never heard him ask,” said Gray, who holds the school’s all-time passing record of 7,378 yards.
“The only thing he has ever asked was, ‘Coach what’s your record?’ He asked me that last year and said I’m asking you for a reason, and I won’t ask you any more until I get there. That’s the last time I heard of it.”

Meanwhile, Fleming is putting up some eye-catching numbers, although he wouldn’t talk about them unless pressed to do so.

He has completed 107 of 152 attempts and is averaging 218.2 yards per game. Combined with his 99 yards rushing in the first five games of the season, Fleming has amassed 1,190 yards of total offense, averaging 238 per game.

READ MORE

No comments: