Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Balanced J.C. Smith gets 4th straight victory in 6 days

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina  --  Johnson C. Smith is riding its best streak of basketball in two seasons.

The Golden Bulls won their fourth consecutive game in six days Monday with a 67-54 CIAA victory against Virginia State, their best run since the 2010-11 season. And like the previous three games, J.C. Smith’s balance and bench made the difference.

“We showed signs of being tired,” Golden Bulls coach Steve Joyner said. “We’ve played a lot of games in a few nights. We did enough to win.”

Four J.C. Smith players reached double figures led by Trevin Parks’ 15 points, and the reserves – paced by forward Antwan Wilkerson with 14 points in 15 minutes – outscored Virginia State’s 24-11.

“I just try to come in strong off the bench and show what I can do,” said Wilkerson, who also pulled down six rebounds. “I’m coming off an injury, so I’m trying to get back at it as best I can.”


 READ MORE

No comments: