Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Former Head Baseball Coach is Suing FAMU

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- The former head baseball coach at FAMU has put administrators on notice that he plans to sue the university. Willie Brown says he was treated unfairly and terminated because of sexual harassment allegations by a player on his team.

"Now we're at a point where I am going to sue." Brown told the FAMU Board of Trustees.

Brown walked up to the podium with his wife by his side. He says, "I offered to walk away. I offered to not sling mud. It was not well-received by general counsel. So, I have no other alternative but to sling mud."

Brown was fired as head baseball coach at FAMU. One of his players accused him of hazing and sexual harassment. Brown says school administrators were not fair in their decision to fire him.

He says, "I am going to sue the university for discriminatory practices. I'm going to sue the university for violating my rights."

READ MORE 

No comments: